Elaines Baked Beef Back Ribs n GarlicFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
How to make it
- Place the ribs standing in the pan, leaning against each other to self-support
- Coat tops with the garlic paste
- Top with coarse salt, pepper, and Worcestershire.
- Roast in oven @ 350 *F for one hour, THEN:
- Remove from oven briefly
- Lightly coat with Dijon Mustard
- Return to oven
- Add the potatoes, halved, to the pan, and add the water.
- Lightly sprinkle with more coarse salt
- Baste the meat and the potatoes with this during the last 1 ½ hours of roasting.
- When fully roasted, let the ribs stand, covered in tinfoil for at least 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle in the meat.
- Make gravy from the pan drippings, thusly:
- Make a roux of butter and all-purpose flour in a saucepan, stirring until the mixture begins to brown and thicken
- Add the pan drippings to this, plus the rice flour and cook on the stovetop, stirring constantly to remove all lumps.
- Cook until thickened to your preference. If you like it thicker, you may add either more rice flour, or a little instant mashed potato.
- Make a small Chef’s salad for the side, and dinner is served! :+D
- Pics to follow, as I am making this as I type! Pictures will be from
- start to finish.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating62 people
Elaine, This sounds wonderful. I have slow roasted my ribs on a rack in the oven at 250 degrees and used beer in the bottom...also a nice flavor. This looks like a nice comfort meal. ~Lin P.S. Can't wait to see the picslinspj in New Hartford loved it
Wow i love ribs yum i can smell them cooking right now mmmmmm ...........five.....minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
THis is absolutely fabulous, dahling!!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it