Polenta with Sausage Pepper and OnionsFrom lincolntoot 8 years ago
- 1 precooked package of polenta (log shaped - can be flavored) cut into 8 inch rounds shopping list
- 1 lb. italian sausage casing removed shopping list
- 2 large peppers (1 green, 1 red for color) shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce (I had homemade in freezer - jar sauce will work just as well) shopping list
- 4-6 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Line broiler pan with aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Place polenta on foil and broil for approx. 8 minutes.
- In a 12 inch skillet spray with non stick spray.
- Add sausage and cook until brown breaking up pieces.
- Add peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add marinara sauce and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce onto polenta rounds and sprinkle with 4 to 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooklincolntoot Freehold, NJ
The Rating7 people
Ed isn't even aware of this recipe but I can already hear him begging for it N O W. 5 for you.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This recipe sounds so "5"FORK!!!!! Delicious ~
I just know that it will be an
'Instant FAVORITE' with my Grandsons~
Thanks for sharing~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Sounds wonderful to me! Thanks for the post. Bookmarked.frankieanne in Somewhere loved it