Fresh Artichoke BisqueFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 8 large artichoke hearts shopping list
- 8 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 medium size leek, white-and-light green part, sliced and rinsed shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 2 medium size yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 8 cups of homemade vegetable stock shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 4 sprigs of parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked white peppercorns shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup of cream shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- lemon and parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the artichoke hearts. Cut the artichokes lengthwise into quarters. With a small knife, remove the thistley choke part and discard. Cut away the leaves from the artichoke heart. Cut or peel with a vegtable peeler the tough outside skin of the stems and discard. (leave an inch to two inches of stem with each of the hearts) Slice the hearts or chop to a quarter inch thickness. Squeeze lemon juice all over them to help control discoloration (turning brown).
- In a large pot, melt half of the butter and cook the artichoke hearts, leek, garlic, and shallots on medium heat until tender but not brown. Add the potatoes and stock. Tie up the bay leaf, thyme, parsley, and peppercorns in cheesecloth and add to the pot. Increase heat to bring to a simmer, then lower heat and continue to simmer uncovered, 1 hour.
- Remove and discard the herbs. Purée the soup, adding more stock to thin if needed. Pour back into soup pot.
- When ready to serve, heat the soup and whisk in the remaining butter and the cream. Season with salt and nutmeg. Garnish with lemon slice floating on top and a sprig of fresh parsley and serve.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating10 people
I hope that You experienced a Thanksgiving filled
with great memories ~
Now on to 'Christmas' ~
Thank-you so much for this "5"FORK!!!!! recipe~
I Love artichoke (anything) ! This delightful recipe will be the 'STAR' ...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Flawless recipe Luisa printed flagged as unique and beautiful.
Lucky me I saw fresh artichokes yesterday scrubbing out of my driveway to the store....trigger in loved it
Love soups like this one!midgelet in Eastern loved it