Italian Chocolate Spice Cookies With Orange GlazeFrom trigger 8 years ago
- This is a very large recipe; shopping list
- COOKIES: shopping list
- This i3 1/2 pounds of flour (10-12 cups) shopping list
- l pound Crisco or other shortening (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 small yeast cakes or 1 large yeast cake (or 2 packets/powdered yeast dissolved in 1/2 cup very warm water). shopping list
- 12 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 regular-size box raisins shopping list
- 4 tablespoons Hershey cocoa shopping list
- 1 can Hershey syrup (regular-size) shopping list
- 3 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tsp clove shopping list
- 3 tsp ginger shopping list
- buttermilk - about 2/3 pint - as needed shopping list
- nuts - as many as you'd like I often use chopped walnuts or pine nuts shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner shopping list
- orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Mix everything together.
- Take dough by teaspoon and place on cookie sheet lined with tin foil.
- Bake at 400 about 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully.
- Add thin white glaze when cool.
- To Make Icing: Combine 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar with enough orange juice to make a thin glaze. Dip each hot cookie into glaze; cool on racks. Decorate with confetti sprinkles, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating11 people
Holy moly, michael! What would your wife think about your coming to live with me for a while... or at least on Christmas Eve? And here we are again with that chocolate/orange combination. This is a cookie to die for, my friend. Thanks and FIVE.
...morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
FANTASTIC MICHAEL I LOVE THEM COPIED AND SAVED FOR SURE
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I'd like to try these, I think I'll cut the recipe at least in half to begin with. the cookies and glaze sound wonderful!juels in Clayton loved it