Italian Chocolate Spice Cookies With Orange GlazeFrom trigger 5 years ago
- This is a very large recipe; shopping list
- COOKIES: shopping list
- This i3 1/2 pounds of flour (10-12 cups) shopping list
- l pound Crisco or other shortening (1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 small yeast cakes or 1 large yeast cake (or 2 packets/powdered yeast dissolved in 1/2 cup very warm water). shopping list
- 12 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 regular-size box raisins shopping list
- 4 tablespoons Hershey cocoa shopping list
- 1 can Hershey syrup (regular-size) shopping list
- 3 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tsp clove shopping list
- 3 tsp ginger shopping list
- buttermilk - about 2/3 pint - as needed shopping list
- nuts - as many as you'd like I often use chopped walnuts or pine nuts shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner shopping list
- orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- Mix everything together.
- Take dough by teaspoon and place on cookie sheet lined with tin foil.
- Bake at 400 about 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully.
- Add thin white glaze when cool.
- To Make Icing: Combine 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar with enough orange juice to make a thin glaze. Dip each hot cookie into glaze; cool on racks. Decorate with confetti sprinkles, if desired.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating11 people
Holy moly, michael! What would your wife think about your coming to live with me for a while... or at least on Christmas Eve? And here we are again with that chocolate/orange combination. This is a cookie to die for, my friend. Thanks and FIVE.
...morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
FANTASTIC MICHAEL I LOVE THEM COPIED AND SAVED FOR SURE
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I'd like to try these, I think I'll cut the recipe at least in half to begin with. the cookies and glaze sound wonderful!juels in Clayton loved it