Spinach And Mushroom Stuffed Pork Loin-ciFrom keni 5 years ago
- 4-5lb pork roast, butterflied and pounded or "sliced and rolled" out to about 1/2 inch thickness(there are great online videos with how to do this, if you need help) shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, roughly chopped shopping list
- 8oz fresh spinach, roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 sprigs each fresh rosemary and thyme shopping list
- 4-5 medium to large fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 6 cups bread cubes shopping list
- 1 cup chicken or pork stock(I use my own smoked pork stock) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup Parmesan or asiago cheese, shredded shopping list
- twine to tie roast after rolling shopping list
- 2T melted butter or olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In dutch oven, saute celery and onion in butter until soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook about 3 minutes more.
- Add spinach and, again, cook just another couple minutes, until it cookes down
- Combine herbs with bread crumbs and add to pot.
- Toss to coat and combine, then slowly add stock until bread is moistened.
- Add cheese and stir to combine
- Spread stuffing onto pork loin, spreading over meat to about 1/2 inch in from all sides and roll up and tie. See Photo
- Brush outside with melted butter or oil See Photo
- Cover loosely with foil and bake on rack over cookie sheet at 400 for about 55-65 minutes(remove foil at about 45 min or so to allow meat to brown) or until meat thermometer reads 140-145 degrees.
- Let rest a few minutes to make slicing easier.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating13 people
My mouth is watering!!!
Carrie :)hoosiermom68 in Merrillville loved it
This looks delicious! Gracias.choclytcandy in loved it
Okay, so I just found out this week that my daughter is coming home from CA. for Christmas....Surprise to me...Was gonna do beef for dinner and guess what she hates!! Beef..This is perfect.....On the dinner table for Christmas....I need to know if yo...morewynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it