Creamy Chicken With Sundried Tomato Spinach Sauce Over OrzoFrom juels 6 years ago
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced in chunks or strips shopping list
- 1 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 can(14 oz) fire roasted tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, or 1 cup frozen spinach, defrosted shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Brown chicken breast pieces on all sides. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of lemon-pepper seasoning. Reduce the heat and cook a few minutes longer, or until the chicken is no longer pink. Set aside.
- In the same pan saute onion and garlic (add more oil if needed) for about 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add the wine and heavy cream to the pan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add the sundried tomatoes and canned tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionaly, for about 7-10 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced somewhat.
- Add the spinach. If using fresh spinach, cook and stir for a few minutes, just until the spinach is wilted. If using frozen, cook and stir until heated through.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cook, stirring CONSTANTLY, for a couple of minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. * I usually don't even add the salt here. Taste the sauce first. Serve hot over orzo, or other pasta of your choice.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating21 people
What a delicious white wine sauce you have presented here. I love the intense flavor from the sun dried tomatoes.
Five forks and a smile:)trigger in loved it
SIMPLY WONDERFUL JUELS!THIS IS A HIGH 5 HIGH CLASS RECIPE!THANKS SO MUCH!CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
This sounds wonderful. 5 forks from me.bobbyc0117 in Canfield loved it
Pasta Place195 members
101 A Cheese Place144 members
Chicken Please145 members
Tomato Lovers Rejoice76 members
Cheese Lovers101 members
Popeyes Paradise A Spinach Place66 members
Oodles Of Noodles36 members
Cookin With Chicken65 members
Pasta Lovers97 members