Sweet Elvis Cake From Lulus Tea RoomFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 1 yellow cake mix shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 Over-ripe bananas, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Cup water shopping list
- ICING: shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted shopping list
- 1 Cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 Cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- peanut butter TOPPING: shopping list
- 1/2 c peanut butter shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients together with mixer.
- Spray two 8" or 9" pans with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove cakes once they are golden and bounce back.
- Tip: It is better to remove cakes when slightly under done, they will continue to bake in the pans once removed from the oven.
- Whisk together butter and cocoa powder to prevent lumping.
- Add vanilla and sour cream.
- Mix in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time.
- Add milk gradually until icing becomes desired consistency.
- PEANUT BUTTER TOPPING:
- Melt 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Drizzle over each slice of cake.
- A dessert fit for a King.
- Thank you, thank you very much.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating12 people
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing it...=)debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Mmmmm....bananas, chocolate and peanut butter all together! How perfect!juels in Clayton loved it
This cake is truly 'inspired'~~~!
I really like cakes that are 'birthed' with
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Good Down Home Southern Food197 members
Anything Goes289 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Heat In The Kitchen316 members
Country Cooking With A Twist22 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Peanut Butter Buddies122 members
Its Party Time97 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members