Chilli Bean DipFrom juels 4 years ago
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 fresh green chillies, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. chilli powder shopping list
- 14 oz. can kidney beans shopping list
- 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- For the tortilla Triangles: shopping list
- 3 tortillas shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Slit the 2 green chillies, remove and discard the seeds. Chop the chillies finely.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan and saute the garlic, onion, green chillies and chilli powder over a medium-low heat. Stir frequently and cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the onion has softened, but is not browned.
- Drain the kidney beans, reserving 3 tbsp. of the bean juice. Reserve 2 tbsp. of kidney beans and process the rest of the beans in a food processor to a puree.
- Add the pureed beans to the onion mixture in the pan, along with 3 tbsp. of reserved bean juice. Stir well and cook until heated through, for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the reserved whole beans and grated Cheddar cheese. Cook and stir for another 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Season with salt and mix in lime juice. Spoon the dip into a serving bowl.
- Remove and discard the seeds from the remaining chilli pepper and slice it thin. Sautee the pepper in a separate small pan in a little bit of oil for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the chilli strips and Parmesan cheese over the top of dip for garnish. Serve with tortilla triangles, or your favourite chips.
- For the Tortilla triangles:
- Slice 3 tortillas in triangles. Place them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Broil in the oven for about 3 minutes. Note: These cook super fast! Keep an eye on them and check every minute.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- bakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- grumpymomma Saint Louise, MO
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- joe1155 Munchen, DE
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating22 people
I love it! Will be making this one! White cheddar is soooo awesome...I snack on it with roasted garlic triscuits, and never have any to cook with! lol I'm gonna DO this one!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
YUM! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!
GREAT RECIPE JUELS!!!
CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
Party Food316 members
Luv The Snackage30 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Companys Coming113 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Quick N Easy Dishes39 members
Its Party Time97 members
Fast Food20 members