Ham On The Grill With Citrus Horseradish SauceFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup lemon juice OR orange juice shopping list
- ⅓ cup prepared horseradish shopping list
- 4 thick slices leftover ham (if you don't have leftovers, just ask your deli person to slice a smoked ham into four 1/2" thick slices for you - honey ham would work, too - I just like the flavor of smoked ham) shopping list
How to make it
- In a small microwaveable bowl, mix brown sugar, lemon or orange juice, and prepared horseradish. Heat the brown sugar mixture in the microwave on High for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Score both sides of ham slices; place slices on a cookie sheet and rub some marinade into both sides of each slice - let slices set in the marinade while you prepare your charcoal grill or bring your gas grill to medium heat.
- Place ham slices on the hot grill, basting with the brown sugar mixture a couple times during cooking. Grill about 3 minutes per side, until meat is heated through and some charring is visible. Serve remaining marinade as a dipping sauce for the meat.
- Note: The marinade/dipping sauce is also good with grilled chicken, pork tenderloin, etc.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
Yum thanks Steven will love this with his Easter ham. Thanks for letting me know about it!michellem in Idaho loved it
I had to report back on what a great sauce this is. It's super easy to make and so packed full of flavor. Krum was right in that the horseradish is mellowed out by the other flavors. We had this with our Easter ham and it was so tasty! Thanks again K...moremichellem in Idaho loved it
how ever interesting sounding! I really like the idea of the horseradish with the lemon juice or orange juice...good one!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it