Beirocks Beef and Cabbage TurnoversFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 1 bag (12 count) Rhodes Frozen White dinner rolls shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef shopping list
- 4 cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cookie sheet - line with parchment paper. Allow rolls to thaw and raise once. While this is going on prepare beef-cabbage mixture below.
- Cook and stir beef until light brown. Stir in cabbage, onion, water,
- salt, caraway seed and pepper. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Cover,
- and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place a thawed roll on a floured surface and roll into a 6” circle. Place a generous tablespoonful of filling in the center of the circle. Gather edges of roll and pinch together in the middle. Flip it over and place pinched side down on the cookie sheet. Allow 3” in between Beirocks for raising again. Finish all Beirocks and allow to raise 30 minutes covered with a damp towel.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place Beirocks in oven and bake until pastry is light brown, about 20-25 minutes. Brush tops with butter, if desired. Great dipped in a spicy mustard (Dijon) for eating. Enjoy!
- Wrap individually and freeze. If turnovers are prepared ahead and frozen, they should be covered and reheated at 350°F for about 20-30 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookvalinkenmore Malott, WA
The Rating12 people
Yum, I can see where these would be a huge hit at any gathering. Great post my friend and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This reminds me of Russian cooking! Sounds yummy, and looks sooo goood!!! High 5, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Those are gooood! Reminded me of the Runzas I've seen... and a little bit of boreks (sp?). Yum Yum.californiacook in loved it