Melissa DArabians Salmon CakesFrom modelsmom 7 years ago
- 2 strips bacon, cooked until crispy, crumbled, bacon fat reserved shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 lemon, zested shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can wild salmon, checked for bones shopping list
- 1 baked or boiled russet potato, peeled, and fluffed with a fork shopping list
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the reserved bacon fat in a small saute pan over low heat.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix the bacon, onion, egg, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Add the salmon and potato, mixing gently after each addition.
- Form the mixture into 12 small patties. (Use an ice cream scoop to make them uniform.)
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, and pepper, to taste.
- Coat the patties in the bread crumb topping.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Cook the salmon cakes in batches until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmodelsmom Worcester, MA
The Rating11 people
This is great. Hadn't seen it posted!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I would definately love these - minus the sugar. I will never understand why people put sugar in stuff like this! lol Great post. I missed that show, so thanks for sharing. I will definately be making these!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Thanks for posting. Can't wait to make these..love the bacon. Love her show, too.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!