Scallops and Shrimp in Lime Vodka Butter SauceFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 2 packages of frozen defrosted chopped spinach shopping list
- 24 large shimp (15-24 ct) peeled deveined shopping list
- Under 20 ct scallops 3 each person shopping list
- 8 strips of bacon, partially cooked shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 stick of butter divided use shopping list
- 1 small onion minced shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic minced shopping list
- juice from five limes shopping list
- 1/2 cup of vodka shopping list
- big squeeze of honey shopping list
How to make it
- Squeeze spinach dry, reserve.
- Skewer shimp.
- Skewer scallops with bacon pieces in between.
- In a small sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon of butter, add onion and garlic, saute briefly.
- Add lime juice, vodka, and honey.
- Reduce over high heat until syrupy and nearly evaporated.
- Whisk in 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Quickly heat spinach in remaining butter.
- Season spinach with some salt/pepper and a scrape of nutmeg.
- Grill over medium heat the scallops and shrimp basting often with sauce until just done and not dried up or over cooked. About 4 minutes one side, two minutes other side.
- Put the spinach in the middle of the platter, top with scallops and bacon
- Serve shrimp alongside.
- Drizzle any remaining sauce over the top.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating14 people
This sounds amazing - can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing....yummm! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
vodka is always a great improvision. Awesome post.invisiblechef in loved it
This really sounds like a new favorite. Can't wait to try. All those lovely ingredients. Thanks, Maretheiris in Garden City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!