Easter CheesecakeFrom pinkpasta 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened to room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 pound finely ground blanched almonds shopping list
- 4 8-ounce packs cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- Grated zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 8"-by-3"-inch cake pan shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter an 8"-by-3"-inch cake pan and dust with ground almonds; set aside.
- 2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, heavy cream, and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and beat until incorporated. Beat in zests and vanilla.
- 3. Pour into prepared cake pan, and place in a large roasting pan. Transfer to oven rack, and carefully add enough boiling water to the roasting pan to come two-thirds up the side of the cake pan.
- 4. Bake until firm, about 2 hours, adding more boiling water if necessary. Turn off the oven; keep the oven door ajar using a wooden spoon. Let cake cool completely in the oven.
- 5. Transfer to refrigerator and chill overnight. Invert onto a plate; serve.
People Who Like This Dish 68
The Cookpinkpasta Upstate, SC
The Rating13 people
awesome!chezzane in loved it
I love cheesecake but the common complaint around here is that it sometimes is so heavy/rich. This looks so light and fluffy! Can't wait to try it. I only have a 9"springform pan. Do you think that would work?
Bettyrecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
Easter Cheesecake? Noooooooo, this is an all year cheesecake ;) This recipe looks absolutely de-yummy-licious! I know I will enjoy it and I'll have many others who will enjoy it too! Thank you so much for submitting this "5" fork winner.lor in Toronto loved it