Scalop Risotto Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom trigger 9 years ago
- 4 Fresh organic bell peppers shopping list
- 1 cup risotto rice shopping list
- 2 Cups mushroom stock shopping list
- 2 Cups clam broth or fish stock shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3/4 lb scallops shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine( one you would drink by the glass). shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus some for topping of rice after stuffing peppers. shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt for the rice, a pinch for the scallops shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1small hot pepper sliced very fine shopping list
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter ( to finish the dish) shopping list
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
- lemon wedges for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare all vegetables in advance ,grate the cheese and set them aside
- Heat the Mushroom stock and the clam broth to a low boil.
- cook the onions in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil for a few minutes then add the garlic.
- Add the Risotto rice and heat on medium until rice crackles. Then add the white wine.
- Stir the rice until wine is absorbed then add some stock a ladle at a time. and stir until absorbed.
- Repeat until almost all the stock is absorbed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and the fresh ground black pepper
- Add the butter and stir vigorously to make the rice creamy. Set aside.
- Prepare the peppers by removing the stem with a pairing knife.
- stuff the peppers with the rice mixture and place into a baking dish . Bake in a 350degree oven for 30 minutes until rice forms a crust.
- While the peppers are baking
- Heat the rest of the olive oil on medium high until it starts to shimmer and add the scallops.
- Sear the scallops until browned and sprinkle with lemon pepper and grate the nutmeg over the scallops
- Garnish and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- floridiangourmet Hudson, FL
- jimrug1 Peoria, IL
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- cakelady Murray, UT
- lunasea Orlando, FL
- organicmama CA
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- naxonsa Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating8 people
Stuffed peppers are one of my favorites, and without ground beef, they're perfect! This is a keeper!deliathecrone in Johnston loved it
Risotto and scallops - two of my best friends ever - in a stuffed pepper? I am in love....thank you, sweetie! Love the flavors and the clam/fish broth - stellar! Ermmm, can you bring this over? It's way better than my leftovers...
Hugs...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Risotto is one of my favorites! Thanks!!!!cakelady in Murray loved it
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
Fish And Seafood308 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Eating Seasonally53 members
Italian Group96 members
Big Damn Chefs29 members
Checkin Central284 members
Nostalgic Recipes104 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members