Sweet Potato crescent RollsFrom pudgy47 7 years ago
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package quick rise active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tps. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tps. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/8 tps. ground cloves shopping list
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast, salt cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves in large bowl
- Combine sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup butter and milk in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionallt, until butter is melted and mixture is very warm (120 F. to 130 F.) Add to flour mixture. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until moistened. Add err; beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, 3 minutes.
- Stir in enough remaining flour by hand to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (6 to 9 minutes)
- Place dough in greased bowl; turn greased-side up. cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (about 30 minutes). (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Roll half of dough on lightly floured surface into 12-inch circle. Brush with 1 Tbs. melted butter. Cut into 12 wedges. Roll up each wedge tightly from wide end to point, forming crescent.
- Place crescents, point-side down, onto greased baking sheet; curve slightly. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover; let rise until double in size (about 20 minutes).
- Heat oven to 375 F. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush warm rolls with melted butter.