Make your own damn instant oatmeal packetsFrom putercop 9 years ago
How to make it
- Process ½ cup oats in a blender (or 1 cup oats in a food processor) on high until powdery.
- Set aside.
- Repeat with additional ½ cup oats if using blender.
- Put the following into each baggie: 1/4 cup regular oats, 2 tablespoons powdered oats, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Store the rest in an airtight container.
- To serve, empty packet into a bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir and let stand for 2 minutes. Adjust water amount for thicker or thinner oatmeal.
- Try some of the following variations:
- Sweetened Oatmeal: Add 1 T. sugar
- Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Oatmeal: Add 1 T. brown sugar and 1/4 t. cinnamon
- Raisins and Brown Sugar: Add 1 T. packed brown sugar and 1 T. raisins
- Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal: Add 1 T. sugar, 1/4 t. cinnamon, & 2 T chopped dried apples
- Fruit and Cream Oatmeal: Add 1 T. non-dairy coffee creamer and 2 T. dried fruit
- Health Nut Oatmeal: Add 2 T. any kind of wheat germ
The Cookputercop Kerhonkson, NY
The Rating10 people
Have you ever worked for Quacker? I think they need your talents.
Thanks, this is a great idea. My daughter loves the flavor packs, but they don't sell them in organic here and this will work great! ;)organicmama in loved it
Such a deal! *smile* Tops!pink in USA loved it
Saving this one.jemison in Huntersville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!