No Knead BreadFrom unswissmiss 10 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, salt, yeast, and water. Dough will be very shaggy and wet. It won't hold its shape. Don't worry! This is normal.
- Let dough rise 12-18 hours at room temperature. The dough is ready when it's doubled in volume and the entire surface is pocked with bubbles.
- Place a 6-8 quart heavy covered pot in the oven (cast iron, enamel, Pyrex, or ceramic), and preheat the oven to 450°F. When the oven reaches the desired temperature, take out the pot and lid.
- Pour the dough directly into the pot, scraping out any residue from the bowl. (The dough should be elastic and pull into long strands as it stretches.)
- Immediately cover with the lid, shake once or twice to make sure the dough is evenly distributed, and slide the whole thing into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for another 15-30 minutes, until crust is golden-brown.
- Cool on a rack.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
The Rating9 people
really no knead?
I have to try this, thanksnakedchef in Taichung loved it
This bread was a huge hit since it first got printed in the NYT. It was also the talk of the Internet at the time. I have made it at least a dozen times and it comes out tasting like an expensive artisan loaf every time. Worth the rise time. Thanks f...morehttpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
already mixed it up, and it's sitting on my counter. company all in their rooms resting and i' right behind them. what luck bread rising while i'm sleeping. this web site is a gas, gas,gas!! i guess tomorrow i'llet you know how it turned out. however...moretinadunlap in Greenwood loved it