The Hot Brown SandwichFrom dugger 9 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 10 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup sherry shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 each egg yolk, whipped shopping list
- 2 each toast slice shopping list
- 1 each tomato, quartered shopping list
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and drained shopping list
- 8 slices turkey breast shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Sprinkle with flour while stirring, using just enough to make a tight consistency. Cook while stirring until paste is golden and dry.
- Stir in the half-and-half and cream. Cook unitl the mixture boils. Meanwhile add sherry and boil for 30 seconds and turn down heat to end boiling..
- Add cheeses to the sauce. Stir until the cheese has melted. Strain the hot sauce into a bowl and beat in the egg yolks. Sauce may be reheated but must not boil again.
- Line 2 chafing dishes with toast cut into points. Top each with 4 slices of turkey and pour sauce over all. Top with tomatos and brown under the broiler.
- Crisscross two bacon slices over each and serve immediately.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating11 people
Sounds great!tpatti in Wellsville loved it
I had this at the Blue Boar when I was 12. This is yummy and I love all the variations I've run into over the years. This was last nights finger lickin good meal!helewes in Newton loved it
OMG............the diet does not start today! This is for sure a keeper!dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it