Shredded Beef Sandwich BunsFrom pointsevenout 7 years ago
- 1c warm water (100 to 110 F) shopping list
- 1pk active dry yeast shopping list
- 2 T dried Minced onions shopping list
- 2 T sugar shopping list
- 2 T butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4t salt shopping list
- 3 to 3-1/2c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4T butter, melted shopping list
- 4c crockpot cooked roast beef from Floridasunshine’s recipe Crockpot Roast shopping list
How to make it
- Place 1/4 cup warm water and a pinch of sugar in large warm bowl. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until dissolved. Let yeast bloom for 5 to 10 minutes. Add remaining water, minced onions, sugar, butter, salt, and 1-1/2 cups flour; blend well. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- In large bowl, shred 4 cups roast beef, add ½ cup gravy (about 2 ladles) from crockpot, let shredded beef soak in gravy for 2 minutes then strain over bowl and save gravy for another use. Shredded beef should be wet but not runny.
- Punch dough down. Remove dough to lightly floured surface; divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece to 5-inch circle. Place about 1/2 cup meat mixture in center of each. Pull up dough to enclose filling, and pinch at top to seal. Place, pinched sides up, on 2 greased baking sheets. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until almost doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a convection oven, bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. In a conventional oven, bake at 375 F for 20 minutes or until done, switching positions of sheets halfway through baking time for even browning. Remove from sheets to wire racks. Brush melted butter over bun tops. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers; reheat to serve.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating3 people
I love this - I make Beirocks and this gives me inspiration for a new twist. Thanks for the wonderful post!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
I am so glad you posted this scrumptious recipe in the Pick Your favorite Pocket group. I put it on my to must try list for the weekend.
Michaeltrigger in loved it