Pecan and chocolate pieFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- Pastry: shopping list
- 175 grams flour shopping list
- 100 grams cold butter, diced shopping list
- 1 tbsp caster sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 tbsp water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 55 grams butter shopping list
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 225 ml golden syrup shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 70 grams dark brown sugar shopping list
- 175 grams shelled pecans, chopped shopping list
- 12-14 pecan halves to decorate shopping list
- To serve shopping list
- whipped cream shopping list
- ground cinnamon for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flour and put it in your food processor, add the butter and pulse till the it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the caster sugar.Stir in the egg yolk. Knead lightly to form a firm dough, cover with Clingfilm and refrigerate for 1 ½ hours. Roll out the chilled pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 20cm tart tin.
- Heat the butter gently on medium saucepan till melted, sift in the cocoa powder and stir in the syrup. Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and beat together. Add the syrup mixture and the chopped pecans and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry case. Arrange the pecan halves in a decorative way around the edge of the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 375 F for 40 minutes or until the filling is set. Leave to cool and serve warm with a spoonful of whipped cream, dusted with cinnamon, or chill in the fridge and serve cold. The taste is great in both cases.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating12 people
If youve never had chocolate and pecans together in a pie.. you dont know what your missing folks.... this is a wonderful combo....You need to give this a try...... Fantastic...zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
My husband loves loves pecan pie, one Christmas I made the mistake of making a Chocolate pecan pie and he had a panic attack. I thought it was the best ever and I dont like pecan pie much. I have to say it looked a lot different than yours, it was mu...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
wonderful AGAIN, my friend!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!