Brazilian Orange CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 13 X 9” cake pan.
- In bowl and using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar.
- In another bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Stir in zest.
- Add to yolk mixture alternately with 1 cup orange juice.
- Fold in egg whites. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- After removing cake from the oven, pierce holes on top of the cake and pour remaining orange juice on top of hot cake.
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack. Cut into squares to serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating7 people
flavourful and yum!!chezzane in loved it
thanks for spoiling us jo jo bamumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Looks soooooooo good...Thanks Jojoba.ambus in Lahore loved it