Yogurt pieFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- syrup: shopping list
- 500 grams sugar shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups water shopping list
- Pie: shopping list
- 1 (120ml) plain yogurt container.(Wash it well as this container will be used as a measurement in the rest of the ingredients.) shopping list
- 1 container sugar. shopping list
- 1 container plain flour. shopping list
- ½ tsp baking powder. shopping list
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature. shopping list
How to make it
- Make the syrup first by dissolving the sugar in the water over a low heat. Once dissolved, increase the heat to high and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the pie:
- Grease a 24 cm baking dish with gee or melted butter and sprinkle some flour over it. Preheat the oven to 380F.
- ,Mix the flour and baking powder together and sift the mixture and set aside.
- Beat the sugar and the eggs together till pale and thick. Add the yogurt and mix again till combined. Sift the flour mixture over the yogurt mixture and fold gently until combined. Pour in the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes till golden brown. Take out of oven and pour the syrup over all the surface. Cool completely and cut diagonally.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating13 people
I love yogurt recipes and this is great!!! Thanks, it's also quick and easy!berry in Winter Park loved it
Great recipe and easy aswell. Missed your posts. Thanksliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
I love yogurt..and in a pie..what could be better. Once again you have delivered a little slice of heaven!michellem in Idaho loved it