Eggs McMuffin Smothered in Sauteed Mushroom SauceFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 6 English muffins, halved, toasted and buttered shopping list
- 2 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 6 slices Canadian bacon shopping list
- 1 to 1½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- mushroom sauce (recipe follows) shopping list
- fresh mushroom Sauce: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (please do not use canned - it just won't give the same flavor) shopping list
- ¼ cup diced onion (optional) shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1/3 cup half-and-half shopping list
- Jane’s Crazy Mixed-Up salt shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Make the mushroom sauce first:
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet; add mushrooms (and onions, if using) and sauté until nicely browned.
- Add mushroom soup to pan and stir in the half-and-half (add more if the sauce seems to thick)
- Season the sauce to your liking, starting out with just a little of each seasoning, and increasing it if needed (I generally use about 1/8 teaspoon of each).
- To prepare the remainder of the meal:
- Melt butter in large skillet and fry eggs to desired doneness.
- I heat the Canadian Bacon slices by just placing them around the raised edges of the pan (see my step-by-step photos).
- While eggs are frying, toast English muffins and butter cut sides.
- Set 2 muffins on each of 6 plates, one to be "smothered" and one on the side for sopping up the extra sauce.
- Assemble by placing 1 piece of Canadian bacon on 1 muffin half, top bacon with 1 fried egg, pour mushroom sauce over eggs and top with some grated cheese.
- I have found that most people will want to eat 2 servings, so you may want to double ingredients for making another round!
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating3 people
Im loving this and determined to be an overnight house guest of yours!! Thanks Krum...Perfect name too..smothered is absolutley correct..smothered with flavor that is!! LOVE IT!! Perfect 5..I know it's good!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!