Not Your Moms Tuna SaladFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 2 large cans white, albacore tuna packed in water, drained shopping list
- 1/4 c pitted kalamatta olives, drained and chopped OR 1/4 c spanish queen olives, drained and sliced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (or roasted red peppers) shopping list
- 2 T capers, drained shopping list
- 1/4 red onion, diced shopping list
- 2 roma tomatoes, choped shopping list
- juice from a lemon wedge shopping list
- Dukes Real Mayo - to consistency shopping list
- 2 t Dijon mustard shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- couple shakes old bay shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients except mayo in large mixing bowl
- Add a little mayo at a time, until reaches consitency...easier to add than to take away...probably uses 1/4 c or less...
- Chill until serving
- Serve on crusty french bread with cheddar cheese, or on green, leafy lettuce
- No salt needed - gets plenty from the olives and capers
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Love Albacore Tuna, and I love Kalamata olives. This is a winner. I know why it is so good! Thanks. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
This sounds great, will have to try,I'll probly sneek in a little onion.......robertg in loved it
This sounds awesome. I love capers too!
What is your opinion on using fresh chopped or shredded chicken breast???
Either way, I'm going to make it, I just prefer
Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
A definite ^5 from...morepinkpasta in Upstate loved it