Moms Creamed Chicken Over NoodlesFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 C) or 3 scallions, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 T unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced shopping list
- 1 T all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 C chicken broth or canned reduced-sodium chicken broth, heated shopping list
- 1/2 C evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 2 t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 T chopped fresh dill, or 1 t optional herb shopping list
- 1/4 C low-fat sour cream shopping list
- 3 skinless, boneless Chicken-Breast halves, poached and cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 pound egg noodles (or Yolk-Free Noodles), cooked shopping list
How to make it
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook the onion in butter over moderately low heat for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add the mushrooms, and cook the mixture over moderately high heat for 5 to 8 minutes, or until almost all liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and cook the mixture, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the broth; bring the mixture to a boil, whisking, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add the milk. Simmer the mixture for 3 to 5 minutes or until it is thickened.
- Stir in the lemon juice, dill, sour cream, chicken, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the mixture over moderate heat until it is heated through.
- Serve each portion over a mound of cooked Noodles.
- Add 2 T White Wine with the Chicken Broth
- Add 1/2 a Green or Red Pepper, chopped, with the Mushrooms
- Stir in 2 T of Curry Powder with the Onion to make a Chicken Curry, and garnish the dish with sliced Bananas, sliced Papaya, a few crushed Peanuts, and a little shredded Coconut!
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating4 people
This recipe is a Keeper. I'm saving it to try soon! I switched to Rozoni Smart taste pastas...taste better than WHEAT and has 6 g of fiber!dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it
Mmmmmmm, you've got my "5" on this great recipe! Thanks so much Chihuahua and have a great weekend!
Cheers!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!