Louisiana Deviled Crab CakesFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion greens shopping list
- 16 saltines, finely ground shopping list
- 1/2 lb jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- **** shopping list
- Accompaniments: tartar sauce and lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onion, bell pepper, and celery in 1 tablespoon butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Whisk together egg, sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in scallion, cooked vegetables, and 1/4 cup saltine crumbs.
- GENTLY stir in crabmeat, then form into 4 cakes (2 1/2 to 3 inches in diameter). Dredge cakes in remaining saltine crumbs.
- Heat oil and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in cleaned skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then cook crab cakes, turning once, until golden brown, 8 minutes total.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating7 people
No other way but Cajun!!!!!!!!!!gingerlea in Tampa loved it
Never met a crab cake I didn't love and these are sublime. Fantastic!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
This sounds so good I love Cajun foods love the combination of ingredients this is a real keeper got my 5. Great post.
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!