Valentine chocolate cakeFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 75grams butter shopping list
- 75grams caster sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 75 grams self raising flour shopping list
- ½ tsp baking powder shopping list
- 25 grams cocoa powder shopping list
- 50 grams ground almonds shopping list
- Truffle Topping shopping list
- 350 grams plain chocolate shopping list
- 100 gram butter shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream shopping list
- 75 grams chocolate cake crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts,crushed shopping list
- 100 grams white chocolate, melted shopping list
- 6-8 strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease 20 cm cake pan and line the base. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together and fold into the mixture along with the ground almonds. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until springy to the touch. Leave to cool completely. Wash and dry the pan and return the cooled cake to the pan.
- Heat the chocolate, butter and cream in a heavy based pan and stir until smooth. Cool, and then chill for 30 minutes. Beat well with a wooden spoon and chill for a further 30 minutes. Beat the mixture again, and then add the cake crumbs and the hazelnuts, beating until well combined. Spoon over the sponge base.
- Dip each strawberry till half in white chocolate and arrange in a decorative way over
- the top.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating12 people
Oh how pretty.chriesi in Zuerich loved it
It is very hard to tell, is the frosting very light? thin? I love your combinations of chocolate and ground almonds this is perfect to me. I've got a cake planned already for Valentines, but have this saved for future use. Thanks much for sharing ano...moreinvisiblechef in loved it
Strawberries on Chocolate cake... Mmmmmm, wonderful recipe, love the cake crumbs over the cake, and I think that would be super with "dulce de leche as filling " .... Thanks.berry in Riverside loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!