Captain Morgan Rum CakeFrom ddougee 9 years ago
- · ---CAKE--- shopping list
- · 2/3 cup of Granola shopping list
- · (1) 18-1/2 ounce yellow cake mix shopping list
- · 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- · 4 eggs shopping list
- · 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- · 1/2 cup Captain Morgan rum shopping list
- · ---GLAZE--- shopping list
- · 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- - 2 teaspoons corn starch shopping list
- - 1/2 cup Granola cereal shopping list
- - 1/2 cup crushed walnuts shopping list
- · 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- · 1/2 cup dark rum ( myers or goslings) shopping list
How to make it
- Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle granola on bottom of pan.
- Combine brown sugar, sour cream and one egg. Beat until blended. Sift cake mix and alternately add cake mix and one egg at a time. Blend until mixed and continue to slowly add the remaining ingredients including oil and rum. Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan. Invert on serving plate. Prick top with fork. Drizzle glaze over top of cake. Use brush or spoon to put extra dripping back on cake.
- Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, granola cereal and walnuts. Dissolve cornstarch in a few tablespoons of water and add to mixture. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.
The Cookddougee Chester, MD
The Rating10 people
This sounds great and easy...Thanks!rml in loved it
Sounds really good, thanks for sharing.henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh, good! Another reason to have Captain in the house at all times!
My husband will love this!!!!! Thanks!
pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!