Cinnamon Garlic ChickenFrom jimrug1 9 years ago
- One 3 - 4 lb chicken cut up. (2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 legs) shopping list
- 4-5 cloves chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbl cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Tbl garlic powder shopping list
- 1 Tbl onion powder shopping list
- 1 Tbl Bk pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbl salt shopping list
- 1 Med Onion, quartered or 6 green onions cut in 2 1/2" pieces. shopping list
- 8 - 10 garlic cloves, cut in half shopping list
- 4 - 5 Med potatos cut lengthwise then quarter each half shopping list
- 4 - 5 Med carrots cut into 1 1/2 - 2 inch chunks (Try to match potato size) shopping list
- 2 Stalks celery cut into 1 1/2 - 2 inch chunks (Ditto) shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Make a rub by combining the 5 spices. Season Chicken pieces with rub on all sides and under the skin. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Insert some Garlic under skin of each Chicken piece. Throw remaining Garlic in with the Veggies.
- In a Large Dutch Oven or Covered Baking Dish, toss Potatoes, Onion, Garlic Cloves, Carrots, and Celery with enough of the rub mixture to coat well.
- Veggies should come up about half way in the pot. Add a few more of each if they don't.
- Arrainge Chicken on top of vegetables cover and cook 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Lower heat to 325 and cook 45 mins longer. Remove cover during the last 15 minutes for a crispier skin. The meat should be very moist and fall of the bone.
- When serving, spoon some of the bottom juice over the Veggies.
- Serve with Pita or Crusty Bread. to soak up juices.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating10 people
I Love Middle Eastern food, but specially, Lebanese .... this is great!berry in Winter Park loved it
This sounds devine! My kind of flavours....Thanks for posting it, JimRug1 :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
This sounds wonderful...and I love the flavors with the cinnamon addition. Saving to try - thanks so much, Jim!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!