Sweet Cheese Baklava For My SisterFrom michelle73 5 years ago
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 pkg. (250g each) PHILADELPHIA Brick cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey, divided shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 12 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed, cut in half crosswise shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix walnuts, sugar and spices; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the honey and the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place layers of the phyllo sheets in 13x9-inch baking pan, brushing each layer with butter and sprinkling a rounded tablespoonful of the walnut mixture over every other layer of phyllo.
- Spread top with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is set.
- Heat remaining 1/4 cup honey; drizzle over baklava.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cut into 20 squares to serve.
- Keep phyllo sheets covered with a sheet of plastic wrap or parchment and a damp towel until ready to use
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator up to 2 days. For best flavor, remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookmichelle73 Melville, CA
The Rating8 people
I am one of them!! :) Great one Michelle.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
This recipe is so very different from any Baklava that I have ever made. I love it and will be making this for sure.
CHEERS!!!lor in Toronto loved it
Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to try. Thanks for great post. Dottie T.dottiet in Woodward loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!