Shrimp and Scallops in Thai Green Curry Sauce over LinguineFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 (4-inch-long) fresh hot red chile, thinly sliced crosswise shopping list
- 3 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced separately shopping list
- 1 lb sea scallops, tough muscle removed from side of each if necessary shopping list
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined shopping list
- 1 (14-oz) can unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 12 oz dried thin linguine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (sometimes I use more because I love cilantro) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté chile and white parts of scallions, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Pat scallops and shrimp dry separately and season with salt.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallops until browned, 2 to 3 minutes on each side (scallops will be almost cooked through).
- Transfer scallops to a bowl with slotted spoon and sauté shrimp in same skillet, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp to scallops.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, broth, brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice to skillet, then simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente, then drain in a colander.
- Stir scallops and shrimp with any liquid in bowl into sauce in skillet and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until scallops and shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer seafood to a clean bowl with slotted spoon and add linguine and cilantro to sauce in skillet, tossing to coat.
- Divide pasta and sauce among 4 bowls. Top with seafood and sprinkle with scallion greens and chile mixture.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating9 people
love thischeryilyn in Salem loved it
I like this recipe a lot and I will try it for sure!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Hey?!?! How did this one get by me? Great recipe as always vickie.danadooley in Singapore loved it