Michelles Old Fashioned Oatmeal CookiesFrom michellem 7 years ago
- 3 eggs,wellbeaten shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp soda shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups old fashioned oats shopping list
- 1 cups nuts( optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine eggs, raisins and vanilla in a bowl and let stand 1 hour(this step is what makes these cookies the best)
- Cream the crisco, brown sugar and white sugar.
- Add slowly the flour, salt, soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the egg raisin and vanilla mixture. Mix.
- Add the oats and nuts. Dough will be stiff.
- Roll in to balls .
- Roll in white sugar(do this step,it makes it so good)
- Put on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 52
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating17 people
I just bought butter flavored crisco for another recipe and these cookies provide another use for it. = )sunny in Portland loved it
They look great! I will be making them using butter. I live in WI, it's almost a sin to use anything else here. I will let you know how they turn out.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS. I love oatmeal cookies. I use butter in everything. I learned from trial and error and best soft cookies use crisco. I always believed in sweet butter for all my recipes but when you use butter the cookies will be crun...morerecipediva in Philly loved it