Strawberry yogurt charlotteFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- 1 23cm vanilla sponge cake layer shopping list
- 1 pack (24 pieces) Lady Fingers biscuits shopping list
- 500g (1lb 2oz) strawberries, hulled shopping list
- 2tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar shopping list
- 3 level tsp powdered gelatin shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold water shopping list
- 250ml (9fl oz) strawberry yogurt shopping list
- 380ml double cream shopping list
- 4 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp toasted flaked almonds shopping list
- 1 tsp strawberry jam shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the 1/3 cup cold water till softened and set aside. Place the strawberries and lemon juice in a blender and purée until smooth. Gently heat the purée and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. Add the gelatin mixture and
- stir well until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool completely. When cold, whisk in the yogurt. Whip the cream and powder sugar until thick and fold into the strawberry mixture.
- Place the cake layer in a serving dish tight it with a 23cm spring form cake ring. Arrange the lady fingers biscuits around the cake ring, making sure to cut them according to your cake ring height. Watch the pictures for that step. Pour yogurt mixture over the cake base smoothing the top with a tablespoon. Spoon the strawberry jam over the center, sprinkle almonds around center and chill in the fridge for 6 hrs or overnight until set.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating18 people
My dear friend, you make this kind of artistry look easy. I'm making your coconut cake today and this shall be my next dessert project. I have company staying with me in two weeks and I think they'll will really love this. Thanks so much - great a...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
Oh wow, looks more than beautiful!chriesi in Zuerich loved it
I am sure that you are an angel sent from dessert heaven.
This is Soooo.... delicious and beautiful. It is like something you would see on the dessert trolley in a high class restaurant.
Yet quite easy to make.
Thanks ag...morevivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it