Apricot Orange Crumb CakeFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all- purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup chilled stick of margarine or butter,cut into small pieces. shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tub-style cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/3 cup 2% milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoon ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup of dried apricots, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup and level with a knife, combine flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- cut in the margarine and cream cheese with a pasty blender or knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- reserve 1/2 cup of flour mixture for topping; set aside.
- combine the remaining flour mixture, baking powder, baking soda, milk,ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, orange rind, and egg.
- beat the mixture at medium speed of a mixer until blended ( batter will be lumpy) and fold in the chopped apricots.
- spoon the batter into an 8 inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- dot the batter with apricot preserves and swirl the preserves into the batter using a knife.
- sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup of flour mixture over the batter.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center, cool the cake on a wire rack......
- garnish plate when serving with a slices of oranges
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating15 people
I love my coffee and this sounds like it would go good with it....Thanks for a great post!!!!zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Terrific! :)noir in Boston loved it
This sounds great! I'm bookmarking this one.dynie in Marietta loved it