Grilled Eggplant SaladFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
- 1 med - large eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1 large red onion, cut into'/2-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup Green Greek olives, pitted and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves shopping list
- kosher salt & Fresh Ground Back pepper to taste. shopping list
- shopping list
How to make it
- Heat grill to high. Brush the Eggplant, Onion slices, and Tomatoes with I/4 cup of the Olive Oil and season each vegetable except Eggplant with Salt & Pepper. **
- Grill the Eggplant until golden brown and just cooked through.(6 - 8 minutes per side.) Grill the Onions until golden brown and just cooked through. (3 - 4 minutes per side) Grill the Tomatoes until charred and slightly soft. (2 minutes per side)
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Place the vegetables in a medium bowl and add the Olives, Capers, Raisins, and Pine Nuts.
- Mix together the Garlic, Red Pepper flakes, vinegar, and honey in a small bowl and season with Salt & Pepper. Slowly drizzle in the remaining 1/4 cup Olive Oil and whisk until emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables, add the Parsley, and stir gently to combine. Let the salad sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours before serving.
- Suggestion: Grill Halibut Filets and Top with Eggplant Salad before serving.
- ** Salting Eggplant before grilling brings out too much water and retards browning. Grill the Eggplant then season it.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating8 people
In Greece, we call this melitzanosalata. Try saying that 3 times fast!! LOL This is a great recipe for it. Kudos!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Thanks again Jim! We love all these ingredients and this sounds fabulous. Saved and hope to try it this weekend. My 5 to you.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Another great recipe and I adore eggplant, so count me in and hungry. Thanks, Jim and another 5 for you.
~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it