Godiva Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Mousse CakeFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- peanut butter cup Mousse cake shopping list
- cocoa Chiffon Cake: shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup Godiva® Hot cocoa powder, Dark Truffle Flavor, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 eggs plus 3 egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- peanut butter Mousse: shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups (10 ounces) peanut butter chips shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- milk chocolate Glaze: shopping list
- 5 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva® milk chocolate, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Garnish shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Make Cake:
- 1. Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350ºF. Lightly butter bottom and sides of a 9-inch round cake pan. Line with a circle of baking parchment or waxed paper. Dust side of pan with flour and tap out excess.
- 2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- 3. In large bowl, whisk together 2 whole eggs, oil and vanilla until frothy. Sift flour mixture over egg mixture and stir until smooth. Mixture will be stiff.
- 4. In a grease-free medium mixer bowl, with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually increase speed to medium-high and continue to beat until they start to form soft peaks. Add remaining sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time. Continue to beat until egg white mixture forms a stiff, shiny meringue.
- 5. Using large rubber spatula, gently fold 1/3 egg white mixture into the egg- flour mixture to lighten it. Fold in remaining egg white mixture. Do not over mix batter. Scrape into prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- 6. Bake for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when gently touched in center. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes. Invert to wire rack and cool completely.
- Make Mousse:
- 1. Put peanut butter chips into large bowl. In small saucepan, heat milk to a gentle boil. Pour hot milk over peanut butter chips. Let stand 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth and add peanut butter and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes or until tepid.
- 2. In chilled bowl, beat cream and confectioner’s sugar just until soft mounds barely start to form and cream in still pourable. Do not over beat cream. Gently fold 1/3 whipped cream mixture into peanut butter mixture to lighten it. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Do not over mix mousse or it will become grainy.
- Assemble Cake:
- 1. Lightly oil bottom and side of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Line bottom and ides of pan with plastic wrap, smoothing out any wrinkles, and pressing it into ridges on sides of pan. Scrape peanut butter mousse into pan and spread it in an even layer, filling in all fluted indentations in side of pan with mousse.
- 2. Remove paper circle from bottom of cake. Place cake on top of mousse in tart pan and gently press into place. Cover layer of cake with plastic wrap. Freeze for 3 hours or until firm.
- 3. Remove plastic wrap from cake and invert onto a cardboard cake round. Lift off side and bottom of tart pan, using a thin bladed knife if necessary. Peel off plastic wrap from peanut butter mousse layer.
- Make Milk Chocolate Glaze
- 1. Put milk chocolate in medium bowl. In small saucepan heat cream to a gentle boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Let mixture stand for 30 seconds. Whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla.. Cool glaze until it starts to thicken slightly.
- 2. Place cake on a wire rack over baking sheet. Pour milk chocolate glaze over cake, covering it completely. Refrigerate on wire rack for 5 minutes or until glaze is set. Sprinkle cake with chopped peanuts and refrigerate until serving.
People Who Like This Dish 77
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating25 people
*Swoon ..... THUD*danadooley in Singapore loved it
oh my gosh! I need to wipe the drool off of my mouth....slurp.....
jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds heavenly, great post, you got my 5henrie in Savannah loved it