Key Largo Key Lime Pound Cake with Key Lime GlazeFrom henrie 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup key lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of butter, shortening and 2 cups of sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, blending each one thoroughly.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the batter
- alternating with the milk, vanilla and 1/2 cup of key lime juice.
- Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean, about 90 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze in a small bowl.
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and key lime juice.
- When the cake is done, invert it onto a wire rack while still warm, but not straight out of the oven. Poke several times with a skewer or toothpick. Pour the glaze over the warm cake allowing it to seep into the holes. Allow the cake to cool completely before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 44
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating19 people
HENRIE STOP IT RIGHT NOW I HAVENT EATEN AND YOURE MAKING ME HUNGRY AND THIS IS SWEETS BUT OH SOOOOOOO GOOD THANKS SWEETIE.......A 5 FROM MEminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yum! It's just gone on the baking list right to the top!tippystclair in North Hollywood loved it
Excellent post, Henrie :) Key limes are fabulous (much better than regular limes...) and this is being printed off & saved! (Will wait for some help from my daughter to juice the key limes, LOL!)
TY :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it