Bird nest chocolate cakeFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- 1 23cm chocolate butter cake shopping list
- chocolate butter cream filling: shopping list
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- ¾ cup powder sugar shopping list
- 5 oz plain chocolate, melted shopping list
- chocolate ganache filling: shopping list
- 16 oz plain chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream shopping list
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, chopped shopping list
- caramel bird nest: shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
How to make it
- Split the chocolate cake into three layers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and powder sugar together until fluffy and then add the melted chocolate and beat again. Set aside
- Heat the heavy cream until simmering in a heavy sauce pan over low heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate melts, add the butter and stir again. Set aside to cool and thickens stirring it occasionally.
- Set the first chocolate cake layer over your work surface. Top with 2 tbsp of the butter cream mixture, spread with a spatula. Carefully add 2 tbsp of the Chocolate ganache , spread carefully and sprinkle half of the chopped hazelnuts. Repeat the process with the second layer and third layer and the sides too. Chill
- For 2 -3 hours.
- Measure the rounded side of the cake with a parchment stripe and make two marks making them your guide for the caramel stripes.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the sugar with the water over a low heat until sugar turns to deep brown color.
- Remove from heat , dip a brush inside the pan and drizzle caramel sauce over the space between the two marks working quickly. Leave to set. Meanwhile and before the caramel sauce gets dry, dip the brush again in the saucepan , and make sure to set your hand 1 feet over the cake To make a thin stripes and drizzle over the top of the cake. Gather the set stripes on the parchment and use on the sides of the cake pressing lightly. Chill!!!
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating20 people
God!thats a lot of hard work,but i'm sure the taste was worth every bit of your effort!keep it up!you deserve a 5,for sure!iffyo in loved it
Super Wow Ahmed I can´t believe this one if I were your teacher I would give you Honors,thanks, for this creation!
Magalimagali777 in Mexico loved it
Oh my, oh my, oh my!! This looks unbelievable. You get a 5+++++.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it