Grilled Potatoes Onions and GarlicFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- 4 potatoe, washed and cubed (I prefer to leave the skin on, but you can peel them if you prefer) shopping list
- 1 large vidalia onion, diced shopping list
- 4 to 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and sliced (depending on your tastes) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus extra for greasing foil shopping list
- garlic salt, to taste shopping list
- fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- Heavy duty foil (be sure to use heavy duty!) shopping list
How to make it
- Generously butter the heavy duty foil.
- Layer potatoes and onions in the center of foil.
- Scatter sliced garlic over layers, then dot with pieces of butter. Sprinkle seasonings over all.
- Roll foil up securely, crimping ends completely so juices don't escape.
- Place foil packet on grate over hot coals. Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Open the foil packet very carefully so as not to burn yourself with the escaping steam. Empty the contents into a serving bowl. The bottom layer of potatoes should have a wonderful crusty texture and carmelized color, while the top layer remains steamed and soft. The garlic and onions roast in the cooking process and give a nutty, sweet flavor to the potatoes. This is our one of our favorite ways to do potatoes during our "grilling season". This summer I am going to try adding some diced sweet potatoes to the mix.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating14 people
I made this last night to go along with our grilled chicken. I used the fingerlings and they are so good. A huge hit. Thanks for sharing.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Very good, and so easy.calltammy in Athens loved it
Yum, must make these, love the way this sounds, like home cooking at it's best. Great Post Krum, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it