Cheddarpeno SpreadFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1 red pepper shopping list
- 3 jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese shopping list
- dash of garlic salt or powder shopping list
- dash of cumin shopping list
- (I use a couple dashes of Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip - it's really good in any Mexican style dish!) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut red pepper and jalapeno pepper in half and remove seeds. Lay them on a cookie sheet, cut sides down, and roast at 450 degrees until skin begins to blacken nicely. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese and seasonings.
- Finely dice the roasted vegetables and gently fold into the cheese mixture. Keep spread refrigerated. Serve with assorted crackers. This also makes a good spread for sandwich wraps. My favorite is spread on a tortilla, topped with some crisp lettuce leaves and warm fajita chicken strips (you can also add diced onion, black olives, black beans, etc, to dress it up). Roll up the tortilla and you've got lunch on the run!
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating11 people
I printed this out.. and tonight my hubby made it.. AND HE NEVER COOKS INSIDE. The smell of the peppers was great.. I hav this thing.. food has to smell good! Anyway it was so good.. He said it was his but I snaged some when he went to the shower....morelinebb956 in La Feria loved it
Your welcome... I am going to make it again on sumday... It's good to have with salad on pita chips or crackers... or anything!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Heavens, I can't wait to make this for my lunches next week, as luck would have it, I have all the stuff! Yeah!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it