Iron Skillet Fried SquashFrom dugger 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and slice squash 1/4 inch thick. See Photo
- Slice onions about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place both in iron skillet or saute skillet, cover with water and cook covered on medium high heat about 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain in collander See Photo. Return to skillet on low heat to drive off excess moisture. Add salt and pepper to taste. See Photo
- Add 1 tbsp of bacon drippings, mix in, turn heat to medium high, pat down into skillet and let fry until slightly crispy. See Photo
- Serve right out of the skillet.
The Cookdugger Crestwood (suburb Of Louisville), US
The Rating13 people
Beautiful pictures and great sounding recipe. You have my 5. Great post Dugger.chefmeow in Garland loved it
You certainly changed appearance in a matter of minutes...LOL. Great post
chefmeow in Garland loved it
This is the only way I remember eating squash growing up except for squash casserole. It is delicious and I think I'm going to make some this week now. :Djencathen in loved it