Coconut cream donutsFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 package rapid rise dry yeast shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups (1 pound) cake flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Fat for frying, such as canola oil shopping list
- Instant coconut cream package shopping list
- 1 cup icing sugar shopping list
- boiling water shopping list
- Shredded unsweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, scald the milk by heating just until bubbles form around the edge of the pot; the milk should not actually boil. Remove from heat and whisk in butter to melt, allow to cool 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook. Bloom the yeast by sprinkling it over the warm milk and butter. Add the sugar and stir gently to dissolve. Let stand 10 minutes until foam appears, this indicates the yeast is active. Turn mixer on low and add the egg yolks then gradually add the flour. When the dough starts to come together, increase the speed to medium and add the salt. Stop the machine periodically to scrape the dough off the hook. Mix just until the dough is supple and elastic, about 5 minutes. Once smooth, turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 2 minutes. Place the dough in a greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. If you have time, let rise in the refrigerator for several hours because chilling will make the dough easier to roll out.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2-inch thick and cut with a floured biscuit cutter or water glass, about 3-inches in diameter. Transfer to a greased baking sheet, and allow to rise again for 30 minutes. Heat 3-inches of vegetable oil or shortening to 375 degrees F in an electric fryer or deep saucepan. Slip doughnuts in the hot oil, top-risen side down, and fry doughnuts until golden, about 4 minutes each side. To keep the oil temperature constant, fry 3 at a time. Drain on paper towels.
- Make the coconut cream as according on the packet and let cool. Chill 2-3 hours.
- Fit a pastry bag with a small tip and fill with cream. Poke a small hole in the side of the doughnut and pipe the cream inside.
- Mix icing sugar with enough water to make the glaze and dip each donut on it. Sprinkle with coconut.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating19 people
This looks awesome! Saved.liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
Yum. I love cocont!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Wow - great looking donuts, Ahmed. I love coconut and adore the cute shapes. Thanks so much!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!