Thai Coconut Ice CreamFrom shine 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan bring the coconut milk, cream and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and let it cool down a bit.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs well.
- Using a small measuring cup, slowly add the coconut mixture to the eggs while constantly whisking the eggs. Be careful here -- if you add the hot coconut mixture to quickly, it will cripple the eggs. Continue adding the coconut mixture until half of it is been added to the eggs. At that point, ya can add the rest of the coconut mixture while whisking the eggs.
- Cool the mixture completely. Once cooled completely, chill in refrigerator.
- At this point, if you have an ice cream maker -- continue following the directions of the ice cream maker.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker pour the chilled mixture into a small loaf pan, cover it with cling wrap and remove any air between the wrap and the mixture. Freeze for about two hours, until it starts to get firm throughout.
- Remove from freezer and mix with a spoon, then place the mixture into a food processor or blender and beat until smooth.
- Pour it back into the pan and put the cling wrap back over the pan, again removing any air, and freeze several hours.
- This ice cream sets up very hard -- you may want to put it into the refrigerator for an hour before serving, so as to soften it a bit.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookshine Rainier, WA
The Rating10 people
I give you my high five scoops - thanks - and I like that you shared the recipe for those with and with out ice cream machines! Leahdivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
sounds good... something that is different... now I'm going to have to have an ice cream party... !!peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
got my 5 really fast I love things like this sounds so good and refreshing thanks for the great post!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!!
Silversilverqueen in Albany loved it