struesel topping FRIED apple piesFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- For the crust: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons very cold butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup very cold water shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup cored, chopped golden delicious apples shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice, divided use shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch shopping list
- Streusel topping: shopping list
- ½ cup cornflakes, crashed shopping list
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped shopping list
- Combine and spread in a large plate. shopping list
- oil for deep-frying shopping list
- powder sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine apples, 3 tablespoons orange juice, sugar, orange peel and salt; cover and cook gently 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining tablespoon orange juice; stir into hot mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and smooth. Cool.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together in the food processor.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal..
- Add the cold water and mix with a fork until the dough begins to come together. Remove the dough to the counter and knead it just until you have a dough ball.
- Divide the dough in half and thinly roll each to a rectangle. Lay one rectangle on your working pad and divide the filling by teaspoons all over the dough making sure to leave 2cm between each. Lay the other dough half over the filling and press slightly on the edge of the filling with your fingertips as seen in the pictures. Cut into squares using a serrated wheel knife. Dip into beaten eggs and then dip into prepared streusel mixture. Fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper towels. Sift powder sugar over the top.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating16 people
Ooooooooooooo Ahmed yummmmmmmmm that looks fabulous ... new drinks coming right up lol lol You take care my friend just teasing with you ....minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
great recipe pictures gonna print this thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow!so nice,sounds really great Ahmed....angieaugusta in Adelaide loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!