Pistachios drum sticksFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1 pound 2/3 ounce/ 500 grams plain flour shopping list
- 5 oz/ 150 grams semolina flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp powder sugar shopping list
- ½ oz yeast shopping list
- 5 oz/ 150 grams ghee or butter, softened shopping list
- 8 oz water shopping list
- ½ cup crushed pistachios shopping list
- Syrup: shopping list
- 2 ½ cups sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
- ½ tsp lemon juice shopping list
- Oil for deep frying shopping list
How to make it
- Make the syrup:
- Heat sugar and water over low heat stirring until sugar dissolves . Add the lemon juice and increase the heat. Let boil for 3-4 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl mix together the first 4 ingredients. Add the ghee or butter and rub with your hands until all mixture is moistened. Make a well in the center and pour water gradually mixing with your hands until you get firm dough. Form into log and cut small pieces . Press between your hand palms to spread and then press on a patterned palette to give them the pattern you want. Roll each peace from the short side in the shape of cones. Fry for 3-4 minutes until dark brown. Drain on a paper towel and dip them in cold syrup for 5 minutes. Dip each cone in crushed pistachios and arrange on your serving dish.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating16 people
You are a magician!! a wonderful culinary magician.greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
mmm...looks delicious! Ahmed do you think I can add maybe some dried cramberries? or it could change too much the original dessert recipe?magali777 in Mexico loved it
Yum. These are so pretty and they sound wonderful. THank you for sharing another luscious creation!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!