Pierogies Or VarenykyFrom lor 5 years ago
- Dough shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 eggs well beaten shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- Note: I sometimes add sour cream to the dough mixture. shopping list
- Fillings: shopping list
- potato shopping list
- 3 cups mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. vegeatble oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- Saute onions in oil, season, add potatoes and cottage cheese and mix well. shopping list
- Kapusta (sauerkraut) shopping list
- 2 cups sauerkraut shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. vegeatble oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- Bring sauerkraut to boil in some water. Rinse, cool, drain and squeeze out water. Chop finer if you want. Saute onions in oil and add to sauerkraut, season to taste. shopping list
- prune shopping list
- 1 cup prunes shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- honey to taste shopping list
- Bring prunes and water to a boil, let cool and drain. Chop prunes very fine and add honey to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour and salt.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Kneed until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let stand for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Roll out thin on a floured board or surface.
- Cut out 3" rounds with a cookie cutter, drinking glass or beer mug.
- To make:
- Add 1 Tbsp. of filling to each round of dough. Fold over and pinch the dough together sealing well. When boiling add a little salt and oil to the water so they don't stick together. When they come to the surface, they're ready. I like to lightly fry them in a little oil and butter before serving. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and sour cream on the side.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating20 people
wonderful recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I could live on perogies! Thanks.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
Wonderful recipe thanks for the post. Let's get the rating up! Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it