Ice cream meringue cakeFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- 1 20cm chocolate cake shopping list
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened shopping list
- 1 cup caramel topping (recipe follows) shopping list
- 1/3 cup hazelnut, chopped shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1/8 cream of tartar shopping list
- ½ tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 ½ cup powder sugar shopping list
- Caramel topping: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Split the chocolate cake horizontally and place the bottom half in a 20 cm loosed cake pan in your serving platter.
- Spread half of the caramel sauce over the cake. Sprinkle with nuts. Spread half of the ice cream over carefully. Drizzle the rest of the caramel sauce over the ice cream layer and finish with the rest of the ice cream smoothing the top carefully. Immediately put in the freezer while you make the meringue.
- In a clean bowl beat the egg whites until frothy, add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Start adding the powder sugar gradually until stiff and shiny. Add vanilla and beat again for no longer than 1 minute. Spread the meringue all over the freezer cake working as fast as you can. Make swirls or any other pattern you prefer. Use a blowtorch for browning the top meringue layer. Put back in the freezer for serving time.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating15 people
Absolutely incredible! Artistry absolute! Incredibly delicious! Absolutely incredible! Anyway you arrange those words, the outcome of this dessert is awesome! :) :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Beyond words but here are a few gorgeous, decadent, delightful, unbelievable
Wow what talent Ahmed
michaeltrigger in loved it
Awesome job! 5 forks for me!lincolntoot in Freehold loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!