CHICKEN N BISCUITS CASSEROLEFrom bestcooker 5 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken shopping list
- one 10-16 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, THAWED shopping list
- one 10-3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- Biscuits: shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup quick oats shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- generous pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter) shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons COLD unsalted butter (use the butter wrapper as a guide when measuring) shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 2-quart glass baking dish with no-stick cooking spray (my square casserole measures 8-1/2 X 8-1/2 X 2-1/2); set aside.
- Generously spray a large skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Saute onions until tender and "clear", but not brown. Stir in chicken, vegetables, soup, garlic, and pepper and mix well. Bring mixture to a boil. Transfer mixture to prepared casserole and smooth top.
- To make biscuits, whisk flour, oats, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Cut in COLD butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and egg just until flour mixture is moistened. Using a large spoon, drop dough onto top of chicken mixture around edges of casserole only (I get 6 biscuits). Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating12 people
Yes of course Yum, we will love this, thanks for sharing. You have my five, have a good evening.henrie in Savannah loved it
This is fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
My husband really likes this dish. Thank you for the recipe.elle55 in Pittsburg loved it