Not Your Moms Mac And CheeseFrom lovestohost4 5 years ago
- 3 Tbls flour shopping list
- 2 Tbls butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard shopping list
- 3 tsp worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 10 oz block extra sharp white cheddar (like Crackerbarrel) cheese, shredded shopping list
- Just less than a 16 oz box of elbow pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to box directions (drain and set aside).
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium bowl.
- Combine butter w/all of the ingredients (EXCEPT the cheese) and microwave for 3 minutes, checking/stirring regularly as to not burn (cook time WILL vary w/microwave).
- Add cheese to thickened white sauce and microwave for 1 minute at 70% power (if cheese isn't completely melted upon stirring, microwave a little longer).
- Mix white sauce and pasta in a round 2 quart casserole dish...here's where mom and I differ. I prefer to serve now, all saucy and gooey while *mom prefers to bake for 20-30 minutes in the oven at 350 (until top is browned).
People Who Like This Dish 59
The Cooklovestohost4 Pittsburgh
The Rating20 people
Oh Yes...This is a 5!!! I made this twice so far!GR members are probably thinking thats impossible because you just posted it here 30 minutes ago! LOL!But I got this when Lovestohost posted it on Allrecipes!lilliancooks in Long Island loved it
Well you got a favorable comment from lillancooks, I would say you have another winner here, a high five for this one also.henrie in Savannah loved it
wow..that's good!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!