Mud Pie CookiesFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature shopping list
- ¼ cup solid Crisco shortening shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ cup whole milk or half and half (I prefer half and half) shopping list
- 1¾ cups flour shopping list
- ½ cup cocoa (use the Special dark cocoa for a richer chocolate) shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 18 marshmallows cut in half shopping list
- Chocolate Frosting: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 or 5 tablespoons milk or half and half shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and milk.
- Add flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet; flatten dough just a bit with your fingertips.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, press half a marshmallow - cut side down - into center of each cookie and return to oven to bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and gently press down on marshmallow with your fingertips.
- Cool cookies on waxed paper or rack.
- When completely cooled, frost over the marshmallow topping with the chocolate frosting.
- For frosting, beat all ingredients together, adding enough milk or half and half to make mixture spreadable.
People Who Like This Dish 95
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating29 people
Your my type of baker! My 13 year old daughter and I think this one sounds so good. We will bake them very soon!~Mmichellem in Idaho loved it
Wow what a great photo! Yummy...thanks so much...I just made a cherry pie and a chocolate cake for Fathers day..so as soon as the sweets are gone..I am baking these! ~Mmichellem in Idaho loved it
gooy and gooooood! Great cookie. I'm a grandma who rocks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it